Hello and welcome! Allow me to introduce myself…
My name is Mary and I love Jesus! I try to look at every day as another chance to love, serve and give. I am super passionate about learning and am discovering my hidden talents and trying new hobbies quite often. My main passion is homesteading, since it encompasses everything I love.
- Trying, failing and learning from good and bad experiences.
- Making a home with heartfelt touches and homemade items
- Anything that has to do with animal husbandry.
- Growing and eating food.
- Cooking food from scratch.
- Getting dirty and working hard.
- Never being at a loss for something to do.
- Fresh air and all weather (but especially sunshine.)
- Unforeseen circumstances.
- Being a good steward of everything I’ve been blessed with.
- Plus a bunch of other reasons that I can’t quite put my finger on.
I just love that I don’t have to plan my own life or instill passions and talents in myself. God’s got that covered and all I gotta do is use them to bring him glory 🙂 Which is what I intend to do and hope I’ve been doing so far.
I am quite fond of the olden days when neighbors could stop by for a cup of tea and a bit of cake, so that is the feeling I hope my blog will give. When I say welcome, I truly mean welcome. If I could make you a cup of tea and serve you cake in person, I would, but this will have to do.
If you’re a fan of very specific, alphabetically organized boards about all things homestead, you can find me on Pinterest as well!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Now I was gonna go for having the same catch phrase at the end of each post, but what if I simply put a quote that really resonates with me and perhaps applies to what I wrote about? That sounds good.
“The real things haven’t changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful, to make the most of what we have, to be happy with simple pleasures, and have courage when things go wrong.” ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder