Lets talk about… life… yes… life…
Do you ever have those days where you just want to do everything and nothing at the same time?
You want to reorganize your closet, clean out all the animal cages, get rid of everything you own, end world hunger and establish world peace. But at the same time you want to curl up in bed with a cup of tea and forget all life’s responsibilities and unanswered questions, maybe watch a show, or surf Pinterest, or read a book.
Maybe it’s just me.
Whether you have those days too or not, I’m having one today.
I have a cold that I got a few days ago which bothers me just enough to where I don’t have my normal amount of energy, but on the other hand my back is finally feeling a lot better after I fell of a horse about a month ago. (long story short, the saddle slipped and I bruised my back)
See my dilemma? Now, how to get myself out of this funk… I suppose I am satisfying both aspects right now. I’m curled up in bed and just finished a cup of tea, and I’m writing this blog post which is productive right? right! well, glad we talked that through.
I suppose while I’m here I will give you a few updates on my little farm.
- My sugar snap peas have all sprouted through the ground and are growing like a beanstalk. (get it? LOL)
- One of the pumpkin seeds that I saved from the pumpkin I grew last year SPROUTED! Now if I can just keep those pesky squirrels from eating all the blossoms this year…
- I actually pruned my grapevine correctly and I’m pretty sure the shoots grow another inch every time I go out there.
- I’ve been getting between 9 and 11 eggs from my 14 hens each day. The other day I even got a pink egg from one of my easter eggers!
- My birthday is in 2 DAYS! I’m gonna be 15 years old. My how the time flies. My 14th year was a wonderful one and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me in my 15th.
- Hamilton: an American musical is something that I’ve been terribly obsessed with lately. (I literally listen to at least 3 songs from it every day. I’ve kinda started to remember that there is other music out there but Hamilton is just so darn good!)
- I’ve challenged myself to read two books a week until next April. Then I will have read 108 books in a year! So far I am doing well. I have one to finish and one I just started for this week.
- On the subject of words, I started writing a novel which I am crazy excited about. If it actually turns out well I might try self publishing it just for the experience. I think I’d categorize it as Christian fiction.
- We just got back from Almost Paradise a week ago. It was an amazing trip! we spent 4 days there with our cousins and had some great adventures.
I guess that’s all for today.
Talk to ya later!
Blow up your TV, move to the country, homestead your life.